Here are 10 reasons why broccoli should be an essential part of your diet.
1. Vitamin C One cup of broccoli contains the RDA of vitamin C, an antioxidant necessary for fighting against free radical. Moreover, vitamin C is an effective antihistamine for easing the discomfort of the common cold.
2. Blood Plreassure Along with a high amount of potassi-um, Broccoli also contans magnesium and calcium that help regulate blood pressure.
3. Healthy Nervous System Broccoli contains a high amount of potassium, which helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as promotes regular muscle growth.
4. Bone Health Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K. Both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.
5. Eye Health Additionally, broccoli is a good source of vitamin A that is needed to form retinal, the light-absorbing molecule that is essential for both low-light and color vision.
6. Cancer Prevention Broccoli contains glucoraphanin,which with body processes into the anti-cancer compound sulforaphane. This compound rids the body H, pyloria bacterium found to highly increase the risk of gastric cancer. Furthemore, broccoli contains indole 3 carbinol a powerful antioxidant compoundand ana ti-carcinogen found to not only hinder the growth of breast, cervical and prostate cancer,but also boosts liver function.
7. Sun Damage Broccoli is helpful in reparing skin damage thanks to the glucorapanin which helps the skin to detoxify and repair itself.
8. Immune System One cup of broccoli bolsters the immune system with a large dose of beta-carotene. Trace minerals, such as zinc and magnesium.
9. Diet Aid High in fiber, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating furthermore, a cup of broccoli has as much protein as a cup of rice or com with half the calories.
10. Hearth Health The B6 and folate in broccoli reduce the risk of atherosckerosisl, hearth attack and stroke.